EPS Carton Liners can be an economical alternative to coolers and other insulated shipping containers. Carton liners consist of six precut EPS (expanded polystyrene) panels of the size and thickness required to line a corrugated carton for a specific application.
EPS Carton liners are beneficial if:
- Storage space is at a premium. Because carton liners are shipped unassembled they take up about 33% of the space of conventional coolers. If you are shipping prepared food products from a commercial kitchen, storage space always seems to be a problem. Carton liners will reduce the required storage space by about 67%.
- You are shipping from a long distance. Because EPS carton liners take up about 1/3 the space of conventional coolers, freight costs can be greatly reduced because less bulk is being shipped. Also, we ship carton liners from over 80 locations around the country. Coolers ship from fewer than 15 locations so there can be significant freight cost savings due to distance also.
- Your cooler size is not available. The tooling cost for a custom cooler will typically range from $15,000 to over $20,000. If you need a container configuration that is not already available, carton liners can be produced to the exact size you need without any tooling costs.
- You have large items to ship.. Stock EPS coolers are only available up to a certain size. When shipping a product that will not fit into the largest cooler, carton liners are the ideal solution.
Types of carton liners:
- Standard. Flat, plain EPS panels.
- Standard with Reflective Poly. Flat EPS panels with reflective poly laminated to the side facing in on all six panels.
- Knocked Down Cooler. KD Cooler – carton liners that have clear poly on the outside where the 4 sides are one continuous piece eliminating air leakage in the corners. It has all the properties of a cooler but ships and stores flat.
- Knocked Down Cooler with Reflective Poly. KD Cooler – carton liners that have reflective poly on the inside and clear poly on the outside where the 4 sides are one continuous piece eliminating air leakage in the corners. It has all the properties of a cooler but ships and stores flat and has the added benefit of the reflective interior surface.
- Product Specific.Product specific carton liners are contour cut on the inside face to take the shape of the item being shipped in order to limit its movement. This could be a fragile item or just something that needs to be held securely in place.